Moving is a complicated process which you need to take seriously. Otherwise, you will find yourself in such a mess, and you are going to have a difficult time finding the solutions. It is important that you organize and don’t be afraid to take several days to do that well. Everything will be much easier after that, but even when you plan your relocation, there are some important things people seem to forget. Read more…
In case you are thinking about moving away from the city to the suburbs, you are not the only one. Each day, more and more people choose homes in suburbs mostly because the schools are much better than in the city, whereas low crime rates and affordable neighborhoods are ordinary. Also, one feels more comfortable since there is extra space and less traffic. Check out the things you need to know before you move to the suburban area. Read more…
There are so many things you need to consider when you are moving and one of the largest one is packing. You have two options – you either pack all of your possessions by yourself with the help of your family and friends, or you can call a professional moving company to pack your belongings. Both options have advantages and disadvantages but is hiring professionals good or bad idea? Read more…
Though moving to a new city can be quite exciting at times, it is quite a stressful experience. Sometimes, relocations can be a really difficult adjustment, especially if you only know one other person there, and that person just happens to be your partner or your new boss at work. Whether you are moving across the state or across the country, the move is still quite overwhelming. Be sure that as long as you have the right mindset and attitude, you will soon enough become quickly adjusted to your new location. Flat Price Movers have selected a few different tips on how you can settle into your new city as soon as possible. Stay tuned! Read more…
Before we kick off this blog, there is a myth we need to debunk: Being completely void of stress during such time as moving and cross country relocation is close to impossible. Even when you think you flawlessly assembled a plan and executed it to the last bit, there is still a chance of something breaking that bubble and ruining your carefully concocted moving scheme. Why do we say this? Because, not to brag, we have been in the business for what is now close to a decade and we have witnessed the unexpected and the unexpected. It can vary from any minute problem, like a machine not fitting through the door frame, and it can be colossal, such as accidentally knocking down the whole house. However, in order to quickly erase that picture from your mind, we have several tips for a move as stress-free as it can possibly be. Hear us out:
- Don’t forget to ask for help. Almost everyone knows that friend in need is a friend indeed. Especially, when you’re moving house. In case you haven’t saved enough for professional packing crew, which we cannot recommend enough, don’t fall into pits of despair. Think of three or four good friends who can spare a Sunday and help you box up all of your belongings. Many friendly hugs and some home-made sandwiches are a lot cheaper than renting a whole crew of workers who aren’t allowed to drink and do their job. Luckily for all, there is no such rule concerning friends.
- Observe the possible neighborhood. Rent or buy? The ‘burbs or the city? Which neighborhood? Settling on a place to call home is a huge decision, and one made all the more difficult if you’re unfamiliar with your new area. Start your search early and, to simplify the process, identify the criteria you’re looking for in a home. If you have children, being in a good school district might be a top priority. If you’re relocating for a job, proximity to the office might be your number-one concern. Write your priorities down on a single piece of paper you can hang in your office. Give it some time to simmer, but do not obsess over it. Once you know what you’re looking for, make trips to explore the neighborhood options and familiarize yourself with the area.
- Ask the Internet for help. A huge population of non-millennials, not to say older folks, don’t even think of the Internet as a valid option for searching, exploring, checking the reviews and a lot more. If you have doubts or aren’t sure who to turn to, our best guess is you haven’t thought of googling it yet. Sometimes something just as simple can lead you to resolve the problem. Type several random words when you can’t think of what to ask and see what comes up. Trust us, this really works, most of the time.
- Think of your needs. During a stressful time like a move, we often don’t feel that there’s enough time to get all the tasks done, and as such, we often neglect our own needs and health. We often forget to eat, go to sleep on time, let alone treat ourselves with some time off. While it may seem like you’re being efficient with your time, you’re also neglecting the most important moving tool that you have: yourself. If you have children, treat them as well. Plan special evenings out to visit their favorite ice cream shop or restaurant or playground.
- Hire a moving company. While all of the abovementioned steps are important, there is an even easier way – simply have professionals do it for you. All you need to do is schedule the moving day and be there for the pickup and drop off.
Ready to move? Then don’t waste any more time – contact Flat Price and let’s get you on the road!
There comes a time in everyone’s life when we question our current lives and consider changing situation. All sorts of ideas come to mind like quitting your job, getting more educated or just simply relocating to a new city. There is always a part of you that is always going to be skeptical about the subject. It doesn’t matter whether you are sick of your job, neighbors or you simply miss your family, there are many reasons it can be time for a move. Flat Price Movers have enlisted signs for you that it is the perfect time to relocate. Stay tuned!
You are ready for an upgrade
You spent the past year trying everything from rearranging your furniture to upgrading your kitchen, but nothing seems to do the trick. That empty feeling inside you just won’t leave. This may be due to the fact that the house you live in is just not ‘homey’ enough for you. You and your partner might have a baby coming along, and you barely have room for yourself, not another human being. There is also a chance your parents might be moving in and you need an extra bedroom. You might have had a roommate or family member move out, and now there is just too much space in your home. Have you ever thought of the option that maybe it is time to upgrade to a new city or neighborhood? Another city might just have the perfect home you need with a better price, or even a better job offer. If that’s the case, then start researching because you will be packing your bags in the near future.
Your ‘dream’ location
There may just be cities in the country that have always come across your mind, but you never had the courage or the money to relocate there. Maybe it is your dream to walk down the crowded streets in New York, or to catch some waves in Venice Beach, Los Angeles, so why not? Maybe you went on a vacation somewhere, and found it a hard time leaving the location. What is stopping you? If you have enough money or a decent job then it is the perfect time to relocate to your dream location. Some people when they get to an older age say that one thing they regret is not following their heart. Don’t let this happen to you. Life is too short to spend your days thinking about that place you want to spend time in or dreaming about raising a family in. Get to packing!
This may be one of the slightest problems a person can face in their life, but sometimes it can really have an impact on your mental state. People are most likely to live a happier lifestyle if they are surrounded with the type of weather that is most suitable for them. If you live in the rainy state of Washington and all you do is look at pictures from your sunny vacation in Hawaii, then maybe you should think about relocating. You could be someone on the sunny side of the country craving some cold weather and snow for winter sports. Don’t put up with anything that you reluctantly trying to stand. It is just not worth it.
Long Distance Relationships
Even though the love for you partner is stronger than ever, you have decided it is time to take your relationship to the next level. This does not mean relocating to the city your partner lives in, or having them relocate to you. Try compromising together and pick out a location that will suite both of your needs. This will most likely bond you more. Together you can look for neighborhoods then finally houses in your new city if you are ready to take that next step in your relationship.
Commuting to work
It was easy at first, or you simply got used to it, but now the thought of waking up at 5 am just to get to work by 8 is killing you. Having to live far away from your job means spending hours commuting there or wasting lots of money on gas or bus fare. As time goes by, this just may be too much to handle. By moving somewhere you are closer to work will increase the time you spend sleeping and automatically provide you a healthier lifestyle.
Too many memories
When talking about memories, I mean in general the good and bad ones. Sometimes certain areas of your location will revive the sad and difficult times in your life, or of someone. This could be typical places like your beauty salon, the park or even the local movie theatre. Anything can bring back the memory of a certain moment or a certain someone. The next thing you know, you are trying to avoid visiting these places, and sometimes it is even hard to leave the house. There are times when good memories can also seem to be the problem. If you had a nice friendship in your life that has suddenly ended and anywhere you go brings back nostalgic memories of the good times you had together. These are all signs telling you that maybe relocating is the best option. Creating a new life somewhere else might be just what you need to move on.
There is a different impact on everybody when it comes to family ties. You can be in the need to relocate somewhere to be closer to your family, or maybe you feel the need to be more distant. This all depends on your life situation. If you spent years apart from your family and feel the need to revive relationships you have with the member, then maybe it is time to relocate back to your hometown. Or you may have been living cooped up in the house you grew up in with your parents while all your friends ventured out to college and eventually got married or created careers for themselves. This is a sign that it is finally time to leave and experience life living on your own.
Are you having your car shipped by a professional auto transport company? Then you should know that there is more to it than simply scheduling the pickup and delivery dates. You should make sure your vehicle is prepared for shipping before the crew arrives. In order to do so properly, follow this short guide we have prepared for you.
- Wash your vehicle. Before doing anything else, you should thoroughly clean your car. Yes, this includes the inside of your vehicle as well. This will not only make your car look and smell nice, but it will also make it easier for you to see any damage on it, which brings us to our next step.
- Make note of any damage to your car. Slowly walk around your car and take photographs of any scratches, dents, or other forms of damage you spot. You should also write down the approximate size of damage, as well as the exact location. This will make it easier for you to distinguish whether or not the car shipping company took good care of your car or not.
- Remove all valuables. Ideally, you shouldn’t leave anything in your vehicle, and especially not valuables. This doesn’t include only money, but also important documents, jewelry, or any other personal belongings. If the radio in your car is removable, you shouldn’t leave it inside either. There are two reasons for doing this – firstly, you are protecting yourself from possible theft, and secondly, auto transporters are only responsible for transporting your vehicle, not your personal belongings.
- Remove toll tags. In order to avoid being charged for the distance you didn’t drive, you should remove toll tags from your vehicle if you have any.
- Make sure the car is operable. Check if everything in your vehicle works. This includes headlights, hazards, the siren, breaks, and so on. Most importantly, this includes checking if your car is drivable at all. If it isn’t, you will most likely be charged an additional fee by the transporters.
- Prepare your vehicle.There is a certain state in which your vehicle should be when the auto carrier arrives. In order to make sure everything goes as planned, you should do the following:
- Top off all fluids in your vehicle.
- Make sure the battery is fully charged.
- Make sure your gas tank is only one quarter full.
- Provide documents of any mechanical problems to the driver.
Now that you know all this, it’s time to schedule your car shipment. And who better to call than the best of the best – Flat Price Moving and Auto Shipping! Our customer service representatives will provide you with additional information and answer all your questions. All you have to do is give us a ring and request a free car shipping estimate. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
The moving process is often excruciatingly boring and takes an awful lot of time. Just thinking of having to pack everything from the tiniest trinkets to huge furniture pieces without getting distracted in the meantime is close to impossible. Even if you do stick to a calendar (not to discourage you, but most people fail during week one), you are still going to waste a lot of time pacing around the house trying to organize the mess in a seemingly logical order. We are happy to announce to you that we have found a cure for that. Okay, maybe not the cure, but certainly a recipe you can try and the results of which are going to save you some time during those hectic weeks. Let’s get into it: Read more…
You have decided to leave your little hometown and start living big – perhaps you’ve chosen New York, Chicago, or another metropolis as your new address. You are excited about starting your new life in a big city. But you should know, it’s not all glamour and Carrie Bradshaw here. Big cities might have big advantages, but they also have big drawbacks. Here are some things you should know about living in a big city before you actually move. Read more…
The car shipping business is booming. With so many Americans shipping their vehicles daily, auto transport companies simply keep popping up. There is such a huge number of them out there that one can easily get lost looking for the right one.
Luckily, the best car shipping companies are relatively easy to spot. They are reliable, have a number of satisfied customers, and vast experience in the business. The best way to know whether an auto transport company is good is to check reviews. And if you take a look at our testimonial section, you will easily see that Flat Price is the best car shipping company around!